Friday 18 March 2011

Bet

8 mile run.......done. I thought that I would need my usual Ibuprofen smoothie afterwards, a bucketful of ice, and a walking frame, but no, I feel great. I may feel differently in the morning, but for now, I am still planning a 'biggie' next week. I am upping the 'peg' around the streets to 14 miles, I have no idea why, I just feel like it.

I hope everyone has had a good weeks racing (Cheltenham) but for me all bets are now officially off. After joining a famous old manager's special 'winners' syndicate a few years ago, I learnt the hard way. We lost. My wife also wondered why I was so secretive with my phone, and on that score I made two fatal errors. The first was believing that I could beat the bookies, and the second, equally foolish decision, was putting the bookies number in my phone in the name of a woman, Betty !!!!!!.
Two sayings sum up betting for me 'Four windows to pay in and only two to pay out' and 'A push bike parked on the front and a BMW parked out the back' - I just made that second one up but I think it works - Still a little flutter once or twice a year does no harm and as I'm not a betting man, I am safe. Gotta go, I forgot to get my Euro millions ticket!

Good luck and god bless to all.

CH

No comments: