Saturday 12 March 2011

News

Terrible scenes on News at Ten last night, which may or may not be due to global warming, but all the same were horrendous. To be honest, I know news has to be reported, but last night there was so much death and turmoil shown that I turned it off in the end, it is just one disaster or killing after another. I will catch up with News 24 today but just for ten minutes I didn't want to see any more death. I asked my wife what to turn on and she nodded when I flicked past Louis Spence Showbusiness. I think he is funny, but after what I had previously witnessed on the news, watching three camp blokes burying a piece of apple in a plant pot just finished me off. I lasted one minute.


I did catch part of the Comic Relief programme a few nights ago, with Lenny Henry and a few other 'celebs' staying in the slums of Nairobi. It was truly an unbelievable sight, and made even more poignant when Lenny said he couldn't take it any more. He must have been to Africa for Comic Relief many, many times, so for him to think it was bad it must have been very bad.

I will take the boys for a game this morning and then it is a decision, go to a game, or spend the afternoon with the family. A tough choice but one that ultimately my wife may decide!!!

P.S Good luck to all you lucky players out there who are playing this afternoon, and good luck to all you fans (I may see you at a game!!!!!!!!)


CH

No comments: