Wednesday 16 March 2011

Flash

So much going on, and not enough hours in the day. I think that is the case in most homes around Britain. The working week goes in a flash (for most!) and the weekends in the blink of an eye, in fact I now think that life itself goes by extremely quickly. Am I getting philosophical?, maybe, or is it an age thing?, maybe again. I am sure though that I made my debut only a few years ago, and that last year I was a professional footballer. That chapter of my life has certainly gone very quickly, and I now find myself trying to do all the things that I wanted to do as a player but didn't because I wanted to 'do it right'.

This blog has seen a fair few 'Hargreavesisms' and it will no doubt see a few more in the coming weeks and months. I know I don't talk about football as much as I used to - namely because I am not spending mornings beating Kev Nicholson at head tennis, looking at Mark Creighton's mental tattoos, telling Elliot Benyon to get away from me, or reassuring Matt Green he will score on Saturday - but I still think about all the old boys and want them to do well, but as they too will find out, eventually, there has to be life after football, and as you cant play forever, with managers jobs are at a premium, and with earning money still a priority, the football side of things does get a little neglected.

I do still coach, so I get my football fix (just), I get the odd TV gig (more needed)and I have finally finished the 'big' book - 'WHERE'S YOUR CARAVAN', available at all good bookshops this coming Autumn, sorry about that unashamed plug!- but my immediate future is in business, and very soon I will reveal all.


P.P.S Well done to those who won, and commiserations to those who didn't. Just keep grinding it out, and smile!

CH

1 comment:

Sal said...

I often wonder who was the idiot who said ' Five days work and two days off'...he sure got it the wrong way around! Or did he?!
Life really is in chapters and I hate coming to the end of chapters...like the day the school run ended or the day your daughter leaves home or the day you move house or the day you've left a school in which you've taught and loved every minute...and so on!
Someone I know very well often says to me,
'You shouldn't look back... you should 'look forward'
I do try to do that too,of course.
Good luck with your book! I 'look forward' to reading it! I might even blog about it if it's good..or use it as a doorstop if it isn't!!!! ;-)