Wednesday 9 March 2011

Ridiculous

I may be on my own here but I do feel a massive amount of sympathy for Arsenal last night. Playing with eleven men against Barcelona is hard enough but to play with ten is too much, and even if he did hear the referees whistle Van Persie shouldn't have been sent off. Having lost the Carling Cup final and now this it will take an almighty effort for the 'Gunners' to win something this season but I really hope they do.

Closer to home and could it be possible that Plymouth can escape the drop against all the odds? I massively hope so this time. I was appalled at the club having to let go fourteen or fifteen staff though, these are the people who keep clubs like Plymouth going year on year. The worst part of it is that all their wages combined probably wouldn't equate to that of the top paid player at Argyle. And he might not be even in the team. Now that is football at its most ridiculous.
In other news, I have a bad back and a broken hand, yes I joined in training with the lads!

CH

1 comment:

Sal said...

Well..I am glad you said that. I hate injustice and I think there was a HUGE injustice last night.

Firstly, reducing Arsenal to ten men (by what was a ridiculous decision by the referee), gave the game an imbalance and meant that Arsenal then had to play a different formation..and struggle. From then on it was not a fair playing field.

VP's fate was decided by the judge (the ref) and the jury (the ref)..who didn't even consult his linesman.
Secondly,it was a split second,the noise was crazy and I believe what VP said..he did not hear the whistle. So that points to me that the ref was quite determined to send off VP, whatever.
It's not the first time that ref has been in the news..nor the second.

Having said that,Barcelona were superb on their own ground..BUT it must not be forgotten that Arsenal
beat them at The Emirates..and that was conveniently forgotten when the talk started after the match.

Souness (who got on my wick last night!) went on and on about how the outcome would have been the same regardless of the sending off...YET no way could he know that...who knows?! It's a funny old game as you well know!

Arsene Wenger is a god in my opinion! ;-)
But more than that,he's a gentleman.
Furthermore, he has not gone against his principles and spend money here ,there and everywhere; he has not 'bought' titles and cups as many try to do. He has tried to play the game decently and show us that it is not always big money that wins.
Ok, so this has not always worked out for him but I would sooner watch his style of play any day than the boring and mundane style of certain other prem teams.

I think Arsenal should be applauded rather than slated. Last night was a mammoth battle for them
and although I am sure that Arsene and his wounded
soldiers will be feeling somewhat weary and sore today, they will bounce back and treat last night as a real learning experience.

And the ref? I hope he choked on his pancakes and
I am sure we can get our revenge when Eurovision
comes along...Suisse...nil points!!

Moving on...when I heard the news re the Plymouth staff,I was disgusted.Let that be a lesson to other people who work hard to keep clubs going in times of trouble...is it flamin' worth it??!

Hope your hand soon mends! ;-)