Friday 20 January 2012

TONIGHT

Me and 'Big Dog' Guy Henderson are going to rip up some tunes tonight (Well I am, as Guy is way,way older than me!!!) Check it out at..... 7 till 9 p.m
http://www.riviera.fm
http://www.riviera.fm/webcam
and if your on facebook http://www.facebook.com/rivierafm

Guy helped in a big way with the inception of this blog, and although I have recent reason to give him some serious grief, I will let it go for now and join him tonight for a bit of fun.

I as at the Express and Echo sports awards last night mixing it with Steve Cram (Google him if you don't know who I am talking about!) who was the guest of honour, and a whole multitude of sporting talent. It was a fantastic night and congratulations to all those who won awards.. OH DID I NOT MENTION (IN BOLD LETTERS) THAT I PICKED UP AN AWARD (Well it was actually for my team but you know, same thing!!) Anyway less of that, BUT AGAIN (IN BOLD LETTERS) I WILL PUT IT PRIDE OF PLACE ALONG WITH MY BBC SOUTH WEST FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR AWARD, MY 50 METRE SWIMMING BADGE (1980) AND MY ELEMENTARY CANOEIST BADGE (Earned in Grimsby docks with my 1984 Scout Group) Big achievements I know but I refuse to let them go to my head!

Football now and the season is hotting up for all four of the South West clubs, come on my old boys at Torquay, it is their for the taking. Speaking to Mr Mansell and Mr Nicholson I know there is a quite confidence in the squad that this may be another special season. Still cannot get over Kev's performance on Soccer A.M.. unbelievable, he actually dressed like that a heck of a lot when we both lived at Chris Todd's house in Exmouth - The only difference was that he usually greeted me at the door with a rose in his mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I obviously desperately want Plymouth to survive and speaking to Dan Macauley last night, who as Plymouth Argyle Chairman for many years, and who was instrumental in helping start Plymouth's progress to the championship, it is hard to believe what has happened there. More wins needed boys so come on.
For Exeter and Yeovil it looks like it is also about survival, and being a coach at Exeter's academy, and knowing what money does for clubs and their youth development, relegation is not an option so it's definitely a case of play and fight in equal proportion for the rest of the season.
As far as my other clubs are concerned it would take a long while (and you would get bored) to go through them but I know one thing, everything is crossed, and crossed again, for Northampton. I was disappointed not to get that job but I know David Cardoza just wants the best for the club, and so do I, but until I can do something to help, it is just a case of willing them on!

CH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris you certainly looked dapper last night, a good night was had by us all, and congrats to all the nominees not just the winners, me being one of the the runners up.
Les Coates Exiles Fc

Anonymous said...

I would love to see you back at the Cobblers, we should never have allowed you to leave. Thanks for your support, we need all the help that we can get right now.
Best wishes,
Katie (Mrs Macc Cobbler)