Saturday 28 March 2009

Anyone for Tennis

I have to first apologise for the lack of blog postings in the last few days. Thursday night was spent filling out tax returns ( nice ), last night I was at the hotel, had forgotten the old lap top and wasn't prepared to spend £24 for Internet access!. That leaves today......I'm back so here we go.
A hard fought draw today against a tough new look Mansfield side and even tougher weather conditions. It was more like a game of tennis in the middle of the park today, the ball was literally going from head to head for the whole of the first half. A good second half display and a great debut goal from Blair Sturrock at least gave us some reward for the lads efforts. Blair is on the lookout for a good hair restorer and owes me money for cards but other than that he is a really good lad who is going to give us some more firepower for the run in to the end of the season.
Thanks from the lads and staff for the support we had today, in very cold and windy conditions we were cheered on until the end.
I have returned home to find my wife in bed ( yes on her own! ) and with the house still showing some signs of the party the night before. A friend of ours, Sarah, had her 'pre-hen night' 'hen night' last night and it was hosted by Fiona - who I've heard partied like it was 1999!. Believe it or not the bride to be made sure everyone got home and in to bed !!!!. Fiona made it up to bed about 2.30a.m and Hatty Beast arose at 6a.m, that has got to hurt. Still I'm not complaining the house is quiet, I have just finished off some great leftover party food and cake, and I can stay up and watch as much bad late night TV as I like.

P.S Bev's stop sending me pictures of your abs and concentrate on the job in hand. And definitely stop doing press ups before you take the picture. Trying to end the one of longest barren spells ever known is your only thought.

CH

No comments: