Wednesday 25 March 2009

Thanks to all

A very long, bizarre, but productive day. It started with Harriet jumping on me at 6a.m ready to get up, this after a bad night at the office and not much sleep. I don't need to say much about the game as it was said for us by the fans at half time and at full time. We were as disappointed as anyone and although we have had a great run a draw at home at this stage is frustrating. We didn't play well, end of story and will look at why tomorrow.
The rest of the day was a blur. I was picked up at 9.45 in a fire engine and handcuffed for a 'Ransom' day at the South West M S centre. I then spent four hours on my mobile phone asking lots of friends if they could donate money to ensure my 'Release'. I managed to raise £1200 pounds for the MS centre and for all those poor unsuspecting people who received calls a massive thank you. In all, along with several other 'Hostages', we managed to raise £5500 pounds for a great cause.

I then nipped in to Jodes salon with Kev Nicholson for a trial run of a traditional Wet Shave and man's facial treatment!. Jodie, my sponsor at Torquay, asked us if we would pop in to try out the Mens treatments available at the salon and then put a bit about it in the salons newsletter. Jodie and her husband John are huge Torquay fans so maybe it was a bit of a risk, after last night, letting Jodie loose with a cut throat razor. But I have to say, even though it was a first for both of us, Nicholson and Hargreaves left unscathed and feeling great.

It was then back home for a bit of tea, then out the door again for coaching and back in about 9.30. A tough day, especially after last nights events, but for everyone who will benefit from that five and a half grand it was well worth it.

CH

No comments: