Monday 30 March 2009

Random

The Clarke's nutcracker can remember 700 of the 1000 seeds it buries over 100 square miles, the seeds it can't remember will grow into pine trees. Sorry was I speaking out loud there!!!!!!. Just watching 'Yellowstone' which is on in the background and what a crazy place it is. America's 'wildlife jewel in the crown' has some of the hottest and coldest temperatures in the world, from boiling hot geezers to - 50 degree winters. I know, I know, I have to stop it for fear of boring the whole of Devon!!!.

Last night I watched Secret Millionaire. What a great programme it is, last night's episode saw a scrap yard owner, come millionaire, visit Blackpool. He was a big bloke who knew his way around a fry up and at first glance you would probably never have guessed he was very rich, but he was. After infiltrating a homeless centre, a 'Dream' house where terminally ill children and their families could have a holiday together and finally a war veterans club, Gary was brought to tears at least five or six times.
He had lost twin sisters to Heroin abuse and had been brought up by his grandad who was a D-Day landing hero so he had experienced first hand the pain these people he met had felt. It was a great sight, when at the end, Gary announced that he was a millionaire and that he wanted to give the respective parties thousands of pounds, great TV.
Then we watched Piers Morgan on Ulrikka Johnson, just slightly different, but interesting all the same, especially for John Leslie, Stan Collymore and Sven Goran Erikson !!.
Today, a day off and an epic skill school with the boy. Father and son outside with Torquay 'Hargreaves 14' shirts on enjoying football like we were kids again, well one of us anyway!.
Fianlly I feel like I need to tell it like it is. I have played every game but one this season, and yes I am shattered. So to the bloke who shouted "Come on Hargreaves get a ******* move on" at last weeks game I say fair enough. If I had had a hard day at work and had put my money in my pocket to watch Torquay only draw at home then I would be annoyed. And yes I would probably be shouting at the Captain.

So when my three children are in bed and I have trained all week and played my 44th game this season at the age of 36 I will definitely have tried to get a move on. If the pain of last season still burns you and not a day goes past that you don't think about it then fair enough. No one is more desperate than me for promotion this season, and whether I am at Torquay or not next season I will be doing everything in my powers to achieve it, end of story.

CH

No comments: