Saturday 3 April 2010

Bitter

I don't know what to say after Fridays game. To have a man sent off, then take the lead, have your manager sent off, and then lose - and all in front of 1200 travelling fans - it's almost too much to take. I spent the whole second half (after watching us be in total control in the first and take the lead) holding an industrial sized torch over Clisty's head (our midfielder) whilst the Hayes club doctor tried to stitch his head up - it took him twenty minutes to locate the clubs suture kit!
I returned pitch side to see us 2 - 1 down and with no manager. I can't believe the referee sent him off and then to add salt into the wound he wasn't even allowed in the stand (conference rules!). An absolute shambles of a day and it has left a bitter taste in the mouth. As everyone else is thinking, to add insult to injury, our title rivals then lose and a team a million miles away from us a month ago are now ahead of us. I don't want to talk about it any more as it is too frustrating and disappointing and I'm sure no one wants to hear about it anyway.
My family are now heading up north for a couple of weeks, away from school, work, and football. For the last two days though we have been in our old neck of the woods and have been absolutely spoilt rotten by the Andrews family. Great friends and great hosts, and even the combined amount of five children has not fazed us!. Carl has been knee deep in Jamie Oliver books and Ange has kept wine levels topped up to the max (not mine as I am in way too bad a mood). Harriet is still on top form, even though I am constantly checking league tables and swearing under my breath about football, she has kept us all on our toes. Imitating Michael Jacksons 'Crutch' move whilst naked and shouting "Chica chica ow" then dominating everyone else she comes across to feed and entertain her, it is truly a worrying sight.


P.S Well done to the T.U.F.C boys, lets hope that today's result finally sees the club safe, and let's hope we do see them next season - and that means us promoted. I don't care what people say about our form and position, and plenty will have strong views about it at the moment, some will even be delighted, but I am as determined as ever to succeed at Oxford and that starts with some more serious rehab work.


CH

No comments: