Tuesday 27 April 2010

Cost effective?

When I played for Hull City the club couldn't afford to pay the coach company taking us to away matches, in fact for most of the time it couldn't afford to pay the players wages! Fast forward a few years and two divisions and what a massive difference, or so you would think. Hull's chairman Adam Pearson has been lamenting his strikers goal to game, or to be precise pound per goal performance, this season. In all it has cost the club over £900,000 pounds per goal to employ it's firepower this season, equating to eight goals for six strikers. Bad times! Add to this the fact that old cockney barrow boy Jimmy Bullard has no clause in his £45,000 a week contract and that it still has three years to run and you get the feeling some serious summer business is needed.
Sir John Harvey Jones is on his way !

I have returned to my hotel and after being in nearly every room so far I was suprised to discover a room I hadn't inhabited. The layout of this room is the real suprise though. The wardrobe is in the middle of the room like a sort of divider, the sink and mirror combo is in between the wardrobe and the bathroom, and the bathroom is behind the wardrobe and next to the sink! I think there could be trouble in the night if I'm confused and I need the loo!

On the home front all is good, the children are great, my wife is giving me the silent but will be deadly treatment and my post box only seems to receive letters with randomly thought up numbers and red writing inside.
On the footy front all is (almost) good. The lads are really excited but determined ahead of the play-offs. Everything is very relaxed, as usual no predictions from me just a massive desire to see that trophy lifted on May 16th.

iPhone blogging is tough


CH

CH

No comments: