Monday 14 February 2011

Loved Up?

I decided to stay in the end, the apartment would have been a bit too poky anyway, so until I have earned a few more pound notes it is good old Blighty for me and my clan.

I am reading Alan Sugar's autobiography at the moment and I have to say it is excellent. Not only can you pick up some great business tips, but the stuff about his time at Tottenham would open the eyes of any wet behind the ears football novice. The many goings on at that club were incredible, and the people who were at fault were our national heroes and members of our national institutions. Definitely worth a read.
So today is Valentines, and I joined the millions across the country who purchased their loved ones Valentines gifts. Gone are the days (for now!) that I would turn up with a piece of jewelery, a car, or a few nights away (after all we are married!!) but joking aside this is not just down to the fact that the bills are piling up faster than you can say 'Women linesman are great', no I actually don't like Valentines day at all. I think it is the least romantic day of the year, being a day of forced happiness and gifts.
And what about this one!, as I popped in to the shop this morning to get some bits for the children's pack ups I thought, why not, I'll get my wife some flowers and a card. And what happened? I got home to find the card accompanied by the wrong sized envelope and one of the roses had been severed at the head! Now you may think that there is some type of weird message or analogy in there somewhere but I tell you what I think. Some ****** has chopped off the rose because he or she is a. Ugly and can't pull b. bitter and won't let go or c. ugly and bitter and refuses to be happy. Well not to be deterred I set to work with the sticky tape and mended the rose, and it wasn't even noticed until this evening when I told my wife what had happened, and pointed the rose out to her, and here's the best bit, the rose is surviving! Here lies the proper analogy.....Love is too strong to be cut.
Hell, am I turning into a poet or what. Come on snap out of this, the football is on!

Happy Valentines

CH

No comments: