Monday 12 September 2011

COME ON ENGLAND

BOOK SIGNING of 'Where's Your Caravan' 17th SEPTEMBER (This Saturday!!!) at Torbay bookshop Paignton 11 a.m - Hopefully see you there!!!!!!!!!!

Well done David Walliams, nine or ten hours swimming a day is just unbelievable. I find swimming hard at the best of times so 140 miles of it is a horrible thought. In saying that I do fancy a bit of a swim/run/cycle jobbie at some point, and on that front well done to my next door neighbour, and tennis buddy, Dan, for completing a similarly arduous event for charity this weekend.
On the footie front I went to see Plymouth play at the weekend and it was a tough day all round. For everyone concerned at the club I really hope that the financial situation gets resolved soon. I have been at football clubs when the off the field stuff takes over from the job of winning points and in my experience it has always ended in disaster on the pitch.

Away from footie, and changing the shape of the ball, COME ON ENGLAND. I am really enjoying the totally gladiatorial matches that have been played so far in the Rugby World Cup. I am massive fan of the rubgy and I hope that the England boys can pull off what would be an epic achievement by winning the tournament - I also want them to stay in as long as possible as I have ordered in fifty World Cup balls for the shop!!!!

And in other news (I love saying that!)X-Factor has obviously now started so that signals tears by the the wife at every half decent singer seen, and sighs of woe from me and the boy who just refuse to show emotion. And before I go I must just return to form with a few rants of the day;

1.Tissue boxes on the parcel shelves of cars (Especially those driving at thirty in a fifty zone)

2.Rude staff at the Carphone Warehouse who will get a real backlash from yours truly the next time I pop in - my wife was not amused with the service one little bit

3.Lorry drivers who seem determined to smash my wing mirrors off on the Sidmouth road.

4.Supermarkets

5.Dark nights

CH


P.S Big up to Jamie Campbell, nice to hear from you pal and give Andy my best.
P.P.S Big up to Torquay's number one supporters who popped into the shop today - you know who you are!!!

No comments: