Wednesday 7 September 2011

Refresh

Thanks to all who have left comments about the book, much appreciated. I am really delighted that it has already been read as 'a holiday book' and even more delighted that it wasn't thrown in the pool. Incredibly I even had a Grimsby Town fan come into the shop yesterday, he had bought the book that day and just happened to be walking down Sidmouth High street when he noticed my name above the shop. It was stuff of total coincidence and I have to say it was great to meet a fellow Grimberian (Although technically I am a 'Meggie' coming from Cleethorpes and all that).
Thanks to Kev and his wife and 'Up the Mariners'

Like many, I watched England last night and like many I was a bit disappointed with the display. Not an easy watch but being an England fan must be easy compared to being a Plymouth fan at the moment. It is sad to see such a good club in such a mess and hopefully it can all be sorted soon. I haven't been to as many games as I would have liked but I am going to watch the Pilgrims on Saturday in a match where a win is much needed.
I reckon my old muckers at T.U.F.C are going great guns at the moment. As much as I don't want to give Mansell and Nicholson any credit at all, they have been in top form this season and are a massive part of why the club are doing well - In saying that it is obvious I could still beat them both at head tennis mind you, probably with my Jeffery West's on as well!. If 'Woodsy' happens to be down this way some time we may have have a game for old times sake and show those two muppets up a bit !!!

In other news, massive respect to Mr David Walliams for his Thames swim, a hugely tough distance and some really nasty parts of river to contend with along the way...... I must just mention that whilst watching Justin Lee Collins in Vegas a few minutes ago I ran into the room semi-naked and severed a cucumber with a kitchen knife shouting "Hiyashi" as I performed the ritual. The children found it really funny but I think it finished my wife off for the day and she has now gone to bed!!! P.S DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, AT ALL, EVER, PLEASE.
Tomorrow it is more sell, sell, selling, and on Friday I may put on a cabbage suit and run into a pen of Llama's whilst reading my book, or something like that.......

Love to all

CH

3 comments:

JakeGull said...

Chris! i got the book and i was pleasantly surprised to get a mention on the last few pages for the alton towers trip, was nice seeing you in the shop last week, lil bro is loving the boots. I'll have to pop down and get booked signed :)quality read
not sure if you had a pic of kev in camel but here is one anyway :P

http://tinypic.com/r/w2jb6v/7

Jake

Spencer Courtis said...

The England rugby match not too convincing today - sneaked in at 13 - 9 against the Puma's. Coming from South Africa (Cape Town) - the Springboks perhaps my team - however - i back New Zealand to win the World Cup! You mate? England of course so close to my heart.
Take care - spence
glad the Gulls are doing well

Jim Campbell said...

Hey Chris
An old school pal here, Jamie C.
I came across your book on t'interweb a couple of weeks ago and sent it to my bro Andy, to help him while away the hours whilst tending to his poorly new-born in Sydney hospital.
He says me and my mum Sue (who we sadly lost last year to cancer) get a mention so I think I'll have to buy a copy myself.
Fame at last :-)
Good luck with it!
All the best, Jamie