Thursday 15 September 2011

Signing on

11 a.m Torbay bookshop paignton !!!I

Funny isn't it, the Rugby boys go out on the lash and it sort of just fits in, I for one thought it was just a harmless bit of fun and obviously a bit of a reward for a gruelling first game. Now spin it on it's head and imagine the football boys and the reaction that it would bring seeing John Terry and co on a night out after a World Cup match. Result, front and back page news, and massive domestic criticism.
I think there are a few reasons why we have forgiveness for one and not the other. A recent World Cup win helps that is for sure, but the gladiatorial exploits of the rugby lads definitely leans to forgiveness on the public front. Anyhow massive fingers crossed for Sunday's game.
Tomorrow I am in media mode, first thing it's radio 4 for a chat and then I am shooting over to Torbay bookshop for a bit of a signing. Really looking forward to both. My last thought for tonight is a classic even by my standards. As I have discussed before my evening journey or to coaching can sometimes be very challenging but last night was a real belter. At the front of the convoy of drivers I was behind was the obligatory Nissan micra (no offence to micra drivers, it must be coincidence) anyway behind the Nissan was a lorry carrying a tractor, oh yes, then ( and I am not joking here) was a landrover carrying a tractor on a trailer and behind that was......a tractor carrying ? Yes you've guessed it a tractor ! As you can imagine my blood pressure reading was off the scale and my tourettes problem was maxed out!!!!!

Love to all
See you tomorrow (hopefully!)

CH

7 comments:

Collier said...

Very much enjoyed the book. Up there with Claridge, Nelson & Dunphy in my view.

Collier said...

Very much enjoyed the book which in my upinion is upthere with Claridge, Nelson & Dunphy.

Spencer Courtis said...

Hope the shop and all is going well with you!

Spencer Courtis said...

Hope all is going well with both you and the sports shop. Bless ya!

Becka said...

Hello Chris.

Me and my dad came to your book signing in Paignton and I must say, the book is very enjoyable!
I read your blog every day and it has even got me on to do a blog myself based on Torquay news and match reports.

All the best and keep writing!

Becka.

Becka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spencer Courtis said...

Let's hear some more about the book!