Thursday 29 January 2009

Home Alone - ish

All quiet tonight, my Wife has taken Cam and Issy to football and athletics respectively while she in turn puts in a last blast at step aerobics before Toddy's wedding on Sunday - why is it women never eat leading up to big events, get stressed out because their outfits aren't right and then moan that they haven't had enough time to prepare?, or is it just me ?.
I am therefore just left with the task of entertaining, feeding and then putting to bed our little firecracker 'Hatty' - easier said than done. Whilst doing that I am trying to fill out a tax return which is winding me up big time. I phoned our friendly comrades at the inland revenue the other day and found myself on hold for 10 Min's. Unbelievably while on hold I had to listen to a sub-standard version of the song my Wife and I walked down the aisle to.
All the same it did bring back memories of that day, glorious weather, great friends and all our families present made for a fantastic Wedding day. It was incredible, the castle, the string quartet, the sumptuous food, in fact had I of found the right bride it would have been perfect - I'm obviously joking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
The combination of incredible heat on that sunny day in June though and an obscene amount of Champagne meant that some guests struggled to last the course but isn't that what a good wedding is all about? If someone doesn't fall over the back of an antique Chez Lounge ( Catrina ), miss the first course ( Auntie Margaret ) or throw shapes on the dance floor like MC Hammer ( Chatty ) it's a bit of a bad job. Watch this space for a run down on casualties at Toddy's wedding!.

Back on the road tomorrow as we travel up to Southport. I can't wait to reacquaint myself with my concrete seat and to witness Dave our driver crank up his traffic finder. No let up in requirements, we would all like to go to Wembley again hence victory is needed.

CH

No comments: