Tuesday 28 April 2009

Delicate areas

Cam is 'riffing' away on Guitar Hero ( I have just had a go and bombed big time!) , Wife and beast have taken Issy to dance, and on their return I will take the older two to athletics - back to normal in the Hargreaves house.
Today at the training ground Pete Morgan and his team of Sports therapists at South Devon College were kind enough to visit us, a bit of TLC never hurt anyone!.

Yesterday we met up with Kev ( Nicholson ) and Jenny, who is expecting at anytime, to discuss babies, money, football and jobs !!, oh and food !. Jenny is going for a home 'water birth', so, in true Nicholson fashion, the baby will have no choice but to wash at least five times a day!. The birthing pool has been set up already so Kev has been doing a few lengths each morning, complete with armbands and rubber duck !. Again, sorry mate I can't help it!.

Other than that we will start to prepare for Friday's game against Histon tomorrow. Hopefully the atmosphere will be the same as last Sunday.

I have basically been recovering and trying not to walk like Steptoe, whilst taking the odd happy pill and icing continuously. On Sunday night, when the dust had settled and the Hagreaves clan were tucked up in bed, I turned on the TV. Lazily, instead of making the hourly pilgrimage to the freezer, I decided instead to use one of the chemical ice bags ( you know the ones where you squeeze a pouch and the bag turns ice cold ), settling in with the ice bag in place on my back.
I had forgotten all about the pack, until, after about forty minutes, I started to get one heck of a burning sensation in some really delicate areas!. I had been sat on it that long that the bag had burst and it's chemical contents had leaked down my back and into areas that, let's say, don't normally burn!!!!.
I hadn't moved so fast all day ( Some may say including the game !), I shot ( fast hobble ) into the kitchen and literally sat in the sink. I wouldn't say that there was steam coming off body parts, but what I would say is that I did then go to the freezer and have to ice parts that don't ever normally see ice!!!!.

CH

No comments: