Sunday 26 April 2009

Play-off place

What a day. One team gets beat and gains promotion, the other team wins and seals a play-off place. Well done to all the lads and staff, their efforts can now be rewarded with something this season. For me to score was special, a goal in the week at Barrow with lots of emotion swirling inside was important for me, and then today, to have my family and friends at that end of the ground when I notched was amazing.

I can honestly say though that I have never been in as much pain on a football pitch as I was today. A torn muscle in my back in the first half meant that the last 70 minutes of that game hurt like never before. I actually remember tracking back for a cross in the second half and blacking out, it's madness this game!!. Four injections today got me through ( I had two before the game for a different injury!!), thanks to Damo, Pete and Andy for all your help. Well done to Tim as well today who battled on after a very nasty knock.
Great to see you Avy and Mart, love you lots, see you at Histon.
Massive rest and recuperation needed now. Thanks to all who cheered us on today, the only focus for us all now is May 17.

CH

No comments: