Wednesday 22 April 2009

Final game decider

Shock horror, it's a final game decider!. An eight hour journey, followed straight after by a training session on a car park pitch, was just what the doctor ordered. The game itself was tight, a point for two days of hell seems harsh. A few words were said in the changing room after the game, I really hope they hit home for Sunday. If you are sat on the beach in the summer and you can say to yourself I gave it everything, on and of the pitch all season, then fair enough - I hope for everyone that that is the case. The return journey was like a scene from a horror movie with bodies everywhere. Rolling back into Devon doubled up at 5.15 a.m was nice. The only thing that kept me going on the trip back was our card school, good honest lads who will all be digging in again on Sunday.
Thanks to all the fans who travelled to the game, if I could pay for all your travel expenses I would, because that was a trek, but Mrs Hargreaves budget doesn't have enough in it.
I'm sure the Burton players and staff were gutted to see our result come in, to be honest it's the last thing both clubs wanted ( a final game decider ). We will obviously go to win the game and for the Setanta camera's it could not be better. With my family coming down, my boy wanting to go to Wembley and myself in need of a job at the end of the season it should be a real stress free weekend.

OK now onto another tense subject, The Player of The Year Award. Last year I was honoured to receive both awards, voted for by the most important people, the fan's and the player's. To captain the side for the Win's against York, which enabled us to play at Wembley, was great and to play fifty games was also a real plus. Missing out on promotion hurt, probably too much, but that's life. My thoughts on this year's winner will remain private but I really hope that the recipient gets it for the right reasons.


CH

No comments: