Thursday 23 April 2009

RV

A bit of light entertainment tonight, me and the missus are watching Katie and Peter - The Next Chapter!. They have moved into a Malibu mansion, Pete has just bought a Porsche and the children have just received the entire contents of a toy shop. Is it shallow, is it tacky?, who cares, come on, if you or I had the money we would be there like a shot!!!!.
I took Harriet and Cam to see some Motor homes today, Fiona and I had been an hour earlier as well!. It was great, these things are awesome, 2 berth, 4 berth, or like the one we spent the most time in, an 8 berth beast. Cam and Harriet were jumping in and out of the bunks and I was checking out the toys on board ( Kev you will be pleased to know that they have full shower facilities ) We were looking for three reasons.
1, The In-laws are looking into buying one. 2, Our friends Jason and Sarah are borrowing an all singing, all dancing, plasma's on board, RV for a road trip next month. With me being co-pilot ( Meet The Fockers ) I need to be ready! and 3, well no reason really.
One thing is for sure, cheap they are not, but what a great laugh it would be rolling up in one, complete with surfboards, bikes, the lot. When of the best holidays I had as a child was in a 'home made motor home'- our family and another in a Ford special. It was a double wheel base Transit van, complete with two double mattresses in the back for the children, a swivel chair in the front, welded in by my dad, and about twenty cases on board. What a holiday, an eighteen hour trek to the South of France and we loved every minute of it. I spent the next two weeks snorkeling ridiculous distances ( nearly giving my parents a heart attack ) and eating French bread and jam - bliss.
It's either the sea air down here, or my age, but I have even thought about getting a beach hut!!.

P.S
St George's Day 23rd April. A drink will be raised today for St George, our patron saint. Hopefully with a bit of a resurgence this will again become a day of celebration and rest!- as it is we celebrate Ireland's patron saint more than we do our own !!!!!!.
Tomorrow we train and it will be geared around one thing, beating Burton.


CH

No comments: