Sunday 19 April 2009

Witching hour

It's 3.30 a.m, I can't sleep. I've got three layers on, plus a blanket and I'm shivering and sweating. No I haven't been out on the pop, I am in the grip of some sort of flu. Last night, or two nights ago now, we stayed in Stevenage. The Welsh dragon ( Chris Todd ) slept continuously, up until around kick-off!, while I beat up my pillow up and slid off my wonky bed. Eventually I got up about 7.a.m, leaving Toddy fast off - this is the man who, after being told he had leukemia, slept like a baby for 10 hours leaving his family up all night!!.
The flu had set in, my body was in shock.
I forced some breakfast down, had about five vitamins ( nothing compared to Bev's daily cocktail of 17 bad boys ), went for a walk, had an ice bath ( bizarre choice ),and then returned to bed until we had to leave for the game. Great prep for a big game, but it didn't matter, we were all up for the fight, as were the fan's who I have to say were brilliant, non stop all the way through.
It really lifted the team, especially in the second half when we were down to ten men.
We still had chances but it wasn't to be, a hard earned point it was. Another five hour trip home, Match of the Day and a cheese sandwich completed the day ( Tough at the top eh!). Now a trip to Barrow awaits, victory there should ensure our play-off place. The top of the table is tight but we have the games in hand so it's up to us.
I don't really know if any of this is in order but I will sort it out in the morning, which by the Beast's clock is about 3 hours away!.
I'm now going to consume my own body weight in flu tablets.

CH

P.S Happy belated Birthday to lovely my Mum, Averil. Love you lot's and see you soon. Tell Dad not to come to the Burton game on the bike if it's raining!.

No comments: