Friday 26 June 2009

The King of Pop

I bought his albums ( vinyl ), I danced to his music ( badly ) and like everybody else I was intrigued by his private life. Regardless of what anyone says about him though, you cannot argue about the brilliance of his music. It has always amazed me how his appearance changed over the years. Good looking and with the world at his feet but ending up broken, ill and unrecognisable from the person he once was.
Elvis Presley was 42 when he died and now Michael Jackson is dead at 50. Musical icons who did so much but whose lives ended, short lived and in tragedy.
I'm now going to dig out 'Thriller' and whack it on the B and O before bed.


The pictures I have been threatening to post have not made it again today, the effort has been there, but the combination of a malfunctioning computer ( and it's owner! ), a rubbish mobile phone and working conditions nearing sub-tropical proportions has put pay to any visual stuff tonight.

Good to see so many at Glastonbury, I couldn't make it this year but am aiming to 'go large' next year. In case your wondering if I love the camping, the rain, the toilets and the obligatory mud............. the answer is no ! the last time I was there, with my mate 'slip mat' Chapman, we cheated and stayed in a lovely hotel on the Saturday night, well all 4 hours of it !!!. It is not as bad as many think at the festival, yes there are lots of people offering you dodgy tickets on the way in, yes some of the toilets can be a bit grim, but the amount of bands you get to see in a weekend is incredible and, if nothing else, you can run naked through the healing fields for as long as you want!.

CH

No comments: