Friday 12 June 2009

Road Trip

Apologies about another night of 'non posting', the evening seemed to disappear, time wise, as two major events took place. Firstly my 'cook off' mate Jase and myself went to pick up the RV ( Motor home ) for this weekends road trip, and secondly, and obviously most importantly!, me and the children then picked up Mum/ Grandma/Avy from the train station - a babysitting and weekend break mission combined. I'm sure the young clan are excited ( sweets, treats and late nights here we come !!!
The children begrudgingly returned to school this week, and were pleasantly surprised to find out that their first day back was an outdoor day, complete with tent building and cooking over an open fire. Gone are the days when an outdoor day at school meant 15 minutes of 'Air' in the playground!!.
So in around an hour we set off on the road trip. We will, in no particular order, be surfing, eating, getting lost, drinking ( moderately of course ), laughing, and exploring. All this safe in the knowledge that we have a copy of ' Meet the Fockers' on board to guide us through.
I will sign off now and on Monday, fingers crossed, I will have two good pieces of news to report.

P.S. Sorry Dan, I know you thought the time had passed but.......... I must mention the latest tennis score. We biked to the court, Dan tried to tire me out by setting of like Lance Armstrong and once there the fireworks started. In the first game of the first set we had a major court violation ( Dan volleyed a ball on the country club roof !), the pace of the match was frantic with the first set being fiercely contested...and we could go on, but lets just cut to the chase!. 6-4, 6-1, 6-2. Don't let it get to you mate, see you on court next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

CH

No comments: