Tuesday 3 August 2010

Cheer up!

Cheer up Peter Reid? Well actually I met him today and he was not only a top bloke but he was also in a very good mood. I interviewed him for the 'beeb' this afternoon and it was an absolute pleasure. He has won almost everything in the game, achieved promotion as a manager, and even won the Player of The Year Award, and yet he still wants to win as badly as ever. It will be a tough test for Plymouth next season, with the budget, the inherited squad and coaching staff, as well as the debt, but I for one hope he does well.
Other than that I was still very sad to watch a team train knowing that this Saturday will be the first Saturday of the first game of the season that I have missed in over twenty years. A combination of factors has meant that I am still in limbo, I know I can play on, if the club is right, and I am sure that I can coach or manage a first team at a pro club, but for now it is a case of head down and earn money. I am a firm believer in grafting and if that means working for the BBC then great, if it means being a coach that's great as well, but if it means getting up at 6 a.m and digging in until 7 p.m, doing some hard graft, then bring it on. I will do everything in my powers to provide for my little clan as any man would.
Time for a medium to very large glass of red and a sit down.

CH

No comments: