Monday 9 August 2010

John Joyce

And the winner is......John Joyce!. A signed shirt, a signed book, and a personalised blog rant are on there way to you my friend. For those of you who entered the competition thank-you very much, you will not be forgotten!!. The answer of course was Scott 'I can't get a girlfriend and love weights, protein, and Greavsie' Bevan.

Well, as I have said before, this weekend was a first. It was the first time I have not been playing in the first game of the season in a long time. The truth is though that with the Premiership starting next week, and with England's shocking performances in the World Cup, I have been in demand from most of the Premiership clubs agents. I will therefore be kicking off the new season next week with the big boys, I can't tell you who I am signing for yet as I am just fine tuning the contract details but it is nearly done, I have accepted the basic wage of 50 grand a week (I had to be realistic as I am 38!), but the signing on fee really is the sticking point. I'm not being greedy but with the kids school fees, the 'porker' (Porsche to those of you who thought I was referring to my wife!), the new house (a snip at 900,000), and our holiday home in Marbella, it has to be right.
To get ready for the new season I had a run out for a Hospice care eleven yesterday against a Topsham Town eleven. My mate Jase asked me to play (and get a signed shirt of course!) and I really enjoyed it. There were a few very stiff players on that pitch and that was before kick-off but it was a great day, lots of money raised and a fantastic finish from Mr Miller (although the exertion nearly finished him off, stick to five-a-sides mate!).
Today I am back on the sofa with the lovely Natalie looking at the regions clubs performances at the weekend. Must go now though as Lawrence Llllweeeelllyyyeeennnn Bowen is making paper chains on This Morning.

CH

No comments: