Sunday 29 August 2010

Gone Fishing

The time was 4.45 p.m on a Saturday afternoon. Was I playing a game, was I watching a game, was I even thinking about a game? NO, I was totally oblivious to the activity that has consumed my life for over twenty years. I was in fact in a boat fishing for mackerel, and I have to say it was great. We returned with a few freshly caught fish (caught by the children, as I steered the boat!) and it was only at about 10 o'clock at night that I realised I had no idea who had beaten who or even who had played who. Don't get me wrong my passion for football is as strong as ever and I really do want coaching to be my future, but just for one afternoon it was really refreshing (for my family) to be well away from the beautiful game.
On the topic of football though, well done to my old mates at T.U.F.C, top of the table and flying the flag for the South West clubs at the moment. As far as the Premiership is concerned the 'on the pitch stuff' has taken a back seat yet again. We are more interested in who crashed what car and how much it was worth. The answer is Dario Tagliatelle, or something similar, and the cost 120k.
Admittedly I have probably blown over 100k on cars in the past, but the difference being it has been over the last twenty years! and I certainly took it steady in the Vectra today as I headed towards the car boot sale laden with produce! Living the dream baby, living the dream - all proceeds going to Mrs Hargreaves and Mrs Miller's alcohol fund.

P.S Louix Theroux see you again soon!

No comments: