Thursday 7 October 2010

Breaking News

I cannot believe I forget to share some massive breaking news with you. The time was 12.20, the location was just outside bar in Torquay, and the person responsible for this incredible revelation was non other than Scott 'beavonater' Bevan. As 'Bevs' arrived for Kev Nicholson's surprise 'do', I actually thought I was seeing things, there was a girl in the passenger seat!!.
At first I thought it must have been his sister, or counsellor, or maybe even just a friend, but no, Scotty B really did have a proper girlfriend. After being introduced to the lovely Kim I asked her how he had managed to trap her, she laughed (nervously) and then explained that they had known each other for a while, and that they had chatted for three hours most nights (on facebook of course, with Bevs no doubt harping on about his Achilles for 2hrs 45) until eventually they got together. I have to say that I am delighted for the big fella, not only is she really nice, she also has no problem with him carrying his bottle of anti-bacterial gel around with him, or in fact him talking about protein 24/7. Good luck and god bless.
By the way, it was brilliant to see the lad's, even 'Dingle', at Kev and Jenny's little get together. Hearing about their trials and tribulations in the world of football did remind me of that day to day training and banter. All I know is that an old school pairing of Hargreaves/Woods would still whip any Nicholson and partner combo hands down in head tennis - whilst blindfold and hopping on one leg of course!
See you soon lads.


CH

No comments: