Friday 29 October 2010

Yule tide

With Christmas just around the corner I am waiting with baited breath to see what delights my little beauties will have written down on their lists. For the older two (Who I know still think Santa is real) it will no doubt be something heavy duty like a small car or an Apple Mac, whereas Hattie (Who isn't bothered either way as long as she gets some sweets) would honestly be pleased with anything. My little power pack would be quite quite happy with a six pack of yogurts, as long as they were accompanied by a couple of bags of sweets. Of course we will get her more than that, but my wife is slightly disturbed that all she has asked for so far, after looking through one of the six Argos catalogues on the go, is a dust pan and brush or a hoover! I know it is not something any mother would actively encourage her daughter to get used to doing, but as I have been displaying increasing signs of turning into Mrs Doubtfire recently (OCD problems), she needn't worry about Hattie only seeing a woman do the chores!!
Before 'Chrimbo' however we have Bonfire night, Halloween, and a birthday to look forward to look forward to, so for now the sight of a long(ish)haired Santa knocking on the door for a visit is only a distant worry.


CH

No comments: