Tuesday 19 October 2010

Red to Blue

Surely Wayne Rooney cannot sign for Man City, can he? I know the money will be immense and that City are a club on the up, but to leave one of the biggest, if not the biggest club in the world, is one big, bold decision. I don't know to what extent his relationship with Alex Ferguson has diminished to, but something is obviously not right. On the other hand it didn't do Denis Law any harm or more recently Carlos Tevez to make the move across the city. If the situation at United is as irreversible as everyone is making out for Wayne Rooney, then the inevitable move will happen, and he will go somewhere, but is Wayne Rooney prepared to go to the continent, learn a new language, leave his family and friends, and join a new set of team mates he doesn't know? I don't think so somehow, so get the contract drawn up and be prepared for the **** to hit the fan when he goes from red to blue.
And am I really bothered what happens, no, not in the slightest.
Admittedly it will be a good story if he eventually does go somewhere, but until he scores the winner for England in a World Cup final, he is just another very good, very well paid footballer, with a liking for the odd back street massage! Harsh but fair.
What the hell, while I am in good rant form I will continue randomly and with no bias. Here are my top five rants for the week.
1. Owners of mental rabid dogs who walk them near kids and say "He's OK he doesn't USUALLY bite". Let me be the judge of that as I scoop my child up from it's snarling jaws.
2. The fact that there is more mince in Strictly Come Dancing than in last nights 'Spag Bol'
3. Greedy muppets who insist on barging their way through Tesco to buy the entire bread aisle.
4. Those who sponge, and brown nose. (Old school generalisation I accept!)
5. Ex footballers who rant about anything that annoys them!!!!!!

Other than that life is damn good.

Do not ask the lord, just thank when you receive.

Sweet dreams

CH

No comments: