Friday 22 October 2010

Making your mind up

I cannot believe the saga surrounding the Rooney deal. It has been an absolute joke and Ian Holloway had it about right when he gave his summary on Sky Sports News... that is was an absolute joke!

A mate of mine has just returned from a trip to Euro Disney - you know the place, Mickey Mouse, loads of French people, and a heart attack on the wallet. He actually stayed at the hotel we stayed at a few years ago, and I remember how traumatised I was back then at the price of a coke, or in fact a Minnie Mouse outfit (for my daughter, not my wife!!!). Well, my mate went one further (or in fact, two, three, and four further). Like me, he took the family, and like me he spent a fortune, but unlike our trip, which coincided with a scorching French summer, his little break was also freezing, and had gone up in price. In summing up he conceded that it had been a very average family holiday, and all for the princely sum of five big ones! Why do we do it? I am wedging myself in Devon next summer and I'm not setting foot near a check-in-desk, or a shell suit, or a banana boat, or a lilo, or an airport argument, or a set of new locks, or even a bottle of aftersun.

Chocks (not) away

CH


P.S Apologies Ian, I have just remembered about Thursday, life is a bit hectic at the moment!!!!

No comments: