Thursday 16 December 2010

Ashes to Ashes?

I am loving the fact we are battering Australia at the moment (at cricket). There is nothing worse than seeing a smug looking Ricky Ponting talking about how good the 'Aussies' are. As much as they are a hell of a high achieving nation, I am deligted we are reclaiming our nations 'second' great game - hopefully anyway!
At home now, and my eyes are watering. It is either, a mild case of St Vitus's dance, the realisation that my outgoings are massivley exdsceeeding my incomings, or the fact that we are heading up North for Christmas for the first time in two decades. I have now comfortably accepted that I like my own company, I have various strains of OCD, I like to swear constantly, I enjoy half nakedness, I moan for Britain, I snack like a baby, I like the odd late night TV session, I have bouts of major insomnia, I do hundreds of press-ups in the middle of the day, I argue with all members of my immediate family on a daily basis, and I love taking the ****. With all that in mind I'm sure the yule tide period will all run smoothly! To be honest though, as we old (has been) footballers say, 'there is no 'i' in team, Christmas is a time for giving, it's a time for others, and it's a time when loved ones spend time together. What a load of ********!

CH

No comments: