Thursday 23 December 2010

Pining

Today was mostly spent buying the dreaded 'last minute bits', which basically involved getting a load of twenty pound notes and throwing them out of the window. Exercise came in the form of a bit of chopping (wood with an axe, rather than carrots with a knife in preparation for a mammoth Christmas dinner) which was great, I'm sure everyone would agree that you can't beat a bit of axe wielding over the yule tide period!
I am torn between enjoying myself with my family for the first time ever over Christmas, and going stir crazy at the thought of not playing on Boxing day for the first time in a couple of decades. Most current players would say make the most of it, and I will, but a major part of me is pining for a pair of boots and a can of Red Bull - I suppose a kick-a-bout with my son will have to do on Christmas morning. Getting him a new ball will help that!
As well as residing out at Southfork with Iain and Joan, we have already popped down to Martin Hargreaves Motorcycles to see Mart, where you need a medal the size of a frying pan to survive more than a week, we have met up with my Bro, Mark, and Harvey, we have met up with Becky, Josh, and Millie, and we have had some 'Petits best' in the engine room with Averil.
Gotta go, the kettle is on for the sixth time today.

P.S A message to everyone: YOU HAVE BOUGHT ENOUGH, DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE CHRISTMAS SWINDLE, YOU DO NOT NEED ANY LAST MINUTE PORT AND CHEESE SETS OR ANY MORE BOTTLES OF SHERRY, AND YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT NEED TO BUY THE SOAP ON A ROPE THAT WILL GET THROWN OUT AROUND OCTOBER TIME NEXT YEAR TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEW ONE THAT WILL BE RECEIVED NEXT CHRISTMAS. JIM ROYLE OVER AND OUT.

CH

No comments: