Monday 4 April 2011

Language

I didn't get back to sleep and I can't remember all the things I was going to discuss. There are some subjects though that are impossible to ignore, and again it's off the field stuff that seems to be hitting the headlines - to be fair this time it was only a yard and a half off the field but you get my point.
I do have some sympathy for Wayne Rooney, what with the emotion and pressure of game situations the way they are it is sometimes very hard to keep it together when you score. On the other hand, if you are a ten year old boy watching your hero swearing down the lens at you, it's not the best image in the world is it.

Onto the football field now and is it going to be a second promotion in three seasons for Torquay ? I certainly hope so - I have fifty pounds riding on my old team mates to pull it off and the odds at the start of the season were very, very good!
I watched Exeter at the weekend and the biggest roar of the day came when a good old mate of mine won....... a fiver. It wasn't a bet as such, it was more a game of pass the fiver along the line if the ball goes out of play, and yes, he had it in his hand at the final whistle. The celebrations were of promotion like proportion but a massive well done has to 'Bucko'. That fiver will last him ages!!!!!

P.S Good to speak to you AB. Deal with it in the morning!!

CH

1 comment:

Sal said...

I have no sympathy with Rooney whatsoever!
And I don't agree with all this, 'heat of the moment' or 'under pressure' stuff.
I'm under pressure a lot myself and I don't go on foul mouth rants or worse still, deliberately look for an audience.
Would the late, great Bobby Moore have searched out a camera and done similar ..or indeed any of the late greats of the game?
No, because they had standards of behaviour,even on the football field; standards which Rooney would not know if they jumped up and bit him on the backside. I doubt he knows the meaning of the word.
What sickens me, is that Rooney earns so much money, that a ban or a fine means nothing to him and he's probably laughing himself silly about this, as I type. And what do you expect when you have his mentor, SIR (that's a laugh too) A.F...who has no doubt taught him all he knows, probably gleaned from the gutters of the Glasgow Gorbals.
Sadly, that's what's wrong with this country in general and that's what's wrong with football and the sooner the F.A. come down as hard as hard can be, the better... IMHO!
Not only will thousands of youngsters have witnessed that foul mouthed tirade but also what sort of role model is Rooney to his own child ?
Rooney...he'd have been a nobody had he not got those footballing skills. He really has no idea just how fortunate he's been . ;-)