Thursday 25 November 2010

Burst Bubble

Before anything else, I have to talk about Tuesday nights football fixtures. I completely forgot to do it yesterday, but there were so many good performance and fight backs that they definitely warrant a mention
Torquay battering Wycombe for 90 minutes, Plymouth coming back from a goal down to win a vital game, Exeter coming back from the dead to level at 3-3, Northampton coming back from 2-0 down to draw, and Oxford coming back from 1-0 down to win away. Unbelievable stuff.
I can really see my old mates at T.U.F.C kicking on now and getting promoted, I know it's a bit of a statement, but why not, why shouldn't they be the team to do it. I'm delighted for Wroey to be back in the goals again after what must have been a very strange month for him!
Of my other previous clubs I'm not sure, I think Plymouth have a lot to deal with off the field at the moment, but as the play-offs are pretty much always reachable with a good string of results, you never know. At Northampton, 'Sammo' must be feeling the heat a little bit, hovering just above the bottom two, and for Oxford I still think they have the capacity to kick on and go up again.
When you step out of the football bubble for a while, as I have, you can take a much more philosophical viewpoint on the game, on results, and on league positions. Admittedly there is zero pressure, and that may the the reason why the rest of it now seems like a circus to me, but one thing is for sure though, I will back in the bubble at some point!

CH

No comments: