Monday 8 November 2010

Charity

I blew the dust off the old boots tonight and turned out for a Torquay XI against a (very fit!) police XI - the changing rooms were very safe, but there was a speed camera on the way into the football club. I'm joking of course, I have to say that the boys in blue were an absolute pleasure to play against and a return fixture may even be on the cards after tonights match.
As well as showing signs of Riga Mortis, I also gave the opposition a huge boost (on purpose of course) by giving their keeper a chance to save my penalty. Although it was a world class save I admit that I may be a bit rusty. Having not played for five or so weeks (the last game was also a charity game, but I did manage to score a penalty in that one!) I was a tad stiff, but our lads were magnificent, especially 'Deano' whose own penalty miss was even worse than mine, thanks for that mate. We eventually won the game, and I was given the chance to lift my second major trophy for the club.
It was great to chat with some of the TUFC fans after the game, and to see some of the old gang there as well. Finally, and most importantly, the night raised a few hundred pounds for a brilliant cause, Rowancroft Hospice. Without doubt an unbelievable job done by unbelievable people.

Get the ice.

LOVE TO ALL

CH

No comments: