Sunday 21 November 2010

Memories

I met up with a few old team mates yesterday. With Brentford playing away at Plymouth it was good to see a few of my old muckers - well all two them who remain at the club, Kayleigh Osborne and Kevin O'Connor.
As much as it was a bad result for Argyle I was really pleased for Kev who is currently the Bees longest serving player and their captain. Although they have been struggling a bit recently, the South West has been a happy hunting ground for Brentford, with them having beaten Exeter 4-1 a few weeks ago. I was also at that game and Andy Scott now wants me to go to all Brentfords games!- sorry 'Scotty' no can do mate, but all the best to him and the boys. It is a great club and the one season I was there was incredible. Tipped for relegation, we narrowly missed on automatic promotion to the Championship, and eventually lost to Sheff Wednesday in the play-offs. A trip to Abu Dhabi, a double hernia, a bad case of septicemia, thirteen yellow cards, and a Tag watch are just some of the memories from that season, and that's without mentioning having Martin Allen as your manager!
As much as Plymouth's turbulent season continues, my ex employers T.U.F.C are still right in the mix, and up the road at Exeter the play-offs could be back in sight after a great win at Huddersfield. I can't run through all of my old teams results because I need to get the roast chicken on, but walking down the tunnel to see some of the lads yesterday did me no favours at all in trying to dampen the desire to put the boots back on. Stop it, just stop it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


CH

No comments: