Thursday 26 February 2009

Food and Drink

It may be unusual but, as I am typing away, I am watching the final of Masterchef. The three finalists are competing to win the crown of top chef, and with it a pretty much guaranteed job in the industry. It's amazing how this programme sets the old hunger pangs off!!. I have chosen a full on pasta dish, Cam has gone for tomato soup and Issy a hot chocolate ( bizarre choice ). Poor old Harriet would have been in her element !.
The same applies to shopping for food, if your hungry while shopping it's game over as your trolley will be ram packed with all sorts of delights. It is 'Barren Green Back' in the Hargreaves household at the moment though, as far as the cupboards are concerned they are definitely bare. Yes it's diet time!. Fiona, my wife, has eradicated all forms of carbs, sugar, and wheat from the kitchen. I am surprised the kitchen sink has been left. The only thing remaining in there is air !!. I have had to nip out to Tesco's on a need to survive basis tonight.
To be honest though for anyone who goes on a diet the last thing you need to be seeing is someone tucking into an industrial sized family bar of Dairy milk or a vat of pasta!. In saying that surprisingly enough Fiona has gone out with a friend tonight for a meal!. I can just imagine her ordering... " I'll have the royal Burger please but could you lose the fries and the mayo, in fact lose the burger and the bun and I'll crack on with the rest !".
I have told her a million times not to diet but as soon as she has put down another copy of 'Heat' magazine it's time to for me start stashing emergency supplies. Can you imagine the run up to Toddy's wedding !!!.


CH

No comments: