Friday 6 February 2009

Snowed Off- Cook off

Obviously with the nation grinding to a halt because of heavy snowfall it was no surprise to receive the phone call informing us that the game was cancelled. As well as the coach company not being able to get out of Devon, Barrow football club declared their pitch unplayable. It has been frustrating in the last week or so, not playing and not picking up points !.
So, on hearing the news about the postponed trip, it was off to school with the kids in the snow. Snow ball fights all the way. Jason and Sarah, friends of ours, also were both unable to work and so popped round pick up their daughter Ruby. Fiona looks after Ruby a couple of days a week.
Anyway while we were chatting away about the weather, as all Brits do, it was suggested that we get together tomorrow night for a bite to eat. Stupidly I opened my mouth and the words that came out were at best rash "I'll cook". Myself and Jason had mentioned that we might try to attempt a meal each and feeling confident, and now with time on my hands, I boldly said that I would create a three course meal. Babysitters sorted, I was now firmly committed !. Oh God.
All I can say is what have I done. I must have chosen one of the most labour intensive three course meals ever. I could do with Gordon, Nigella, Jamie and Delia helping me such is the intricacy of the cooking. Oh and Floyd could come over with the wine !.
Sorry but gotta go as Harriet is shouting for some more milk ( 3 pints and counting today!) and also for her mum, who is out at Body pump/attack/step, otherwise known as 2 hours of peace and quiet. Add to that the fact that I am knee deep in cream and butter ( prep yeah ! ) it is time to go.

Results around 10 p.m tomorrow

CH

No comments: