Thursday 19 February 2009

Modern Man

Firstly, Hi Cam and Issy we hope that you are having a great time with Luke and Ellie.
Secondly, Hi Carl and Ange we hope that your stress levels are holding up OK !. Love you Guy's.

Before leaving for training this morning I sat down and watched five minutes of breakfast TV. And what did I see you may ask. I saw two ladies explain how they had set up a website, for women, to air their grievances against the male of the species - from snoring to watching footy, from not tidying up to drinking beer, all the classic moan's were there. Thus giving them the title for their website 'Moan About Men'.
Come on give us a break, the modern man has almost morphed in to his partner. Gone are the day's of being able to watch the footy on TV - I am currently watching a set of gnashes being replaced on a 'You are what you eat, be naked and happy, Ken Homm's, Gok Whan's pyjama party' type of programme, whilst two lots of Uefa cup games are on the other side. And why......it's easier that way !!!!!.
It's not enough that we rush round the house panicking in case the there is a rogue crumb on the carpet or that the wardrobe is tidy for an oncoming kit inspection. No, now there is a website for every woman out there to have a go at the 'old man'. Imagine if a couple of lads had set up a website to complain about women!!. They would have been a public outcry!.
I could give the two ladies in question a couple of great case studies though. My lovely Mum, Averil, was looking forward to her Birthday treat. My Dad came home and said "OK put your glad rags love I'm taking you out to buy you a treat". On arriving at their destination, a local department store, my Dad led my Mum through to the electrical goods department and said " Go on, pick whichever one you want". And what was on offer...... Deep Fat fryer's!!!! Classic.
Another family classic involved my wife's Mum Joan. Her Birthday was approaching and she dropped several hints that a black velvet jacket would be well received as a present. The hints were obviously not strong enough, the present was....... an electric carving knife!!!.
I have learnt that no means yes, yes means no, and that under on circumstances do you listen when your wife or girlfriend says of an oncoming Birthday or Anniversary " I really don't want anything honestly". What that actually means is 'If you don't buy me anything I will pretty much not talk to you for three days'!.
Must go now as my Wife wants to check out a Website on the computer and I want to get the Argos catalogue out to look up Deluxe Steam iron's !!!!!!!!!.

CH

P.S Manse, Bev's asked if you were still 'showing the line' at Newton Abbott ?. Sorry mate but I am still probably as mad as you. I should have gone across the keeper again for the Hat-trick !!!!!. See you in the morning 'Lamby'.

No comments: