Wednesday 4 February 2009

Foreign Soil

Shattered!. 9.30 p.m and I have just sat down, so it's a quick dip( bath- unfortunately not indoor pool!), a bite to eat and bed. I will also catch the last half an hour of the Liverpool-Everton game. The atmosphere inside Goodison is intense, especially in a derby game. I was lucky enough to experience a few as a young lad at Everton, I also experienced the scouse banter first hand having lived in a house where loyalties were split!.
I couldn't understand half the banter though as this foreign language was new to me !!.
This morning, having had the game postponed last night, we trained on the pitch at Plainmoor. A full practice game, tackles, shots, headers, the lot. The quality was excellent, there really is some great young talent at this football club. Oh to be that young again!!!!!!.
Tomorrow we train again in readiness for our Planes, Trains, and Automobiles trip to Barrow on Friday.....snow permitting!!.


CH

No comments: