Wednesday 25 February 2009

Spit and Sawdust

Extremely tired tonight, so a lighting quick blog . With last nights game over it was back home to watch late night TV, eat, mull over the match and generally get no sleep whatsoever !. As usual the caffeine intake meant for a rough night. I crawled in to bed around 3 a.m after watching several episodes of 'Shameless' but within minutes Harriet had appeared and had begun the ritual of wriggling around the bed whilst occasionally ramming her foot or arm into my head.
I decided to nip next door to Issy' room but fared little better there as she seemed to be break dancing in her sleep. I actually considered going for an early morning walk but I dug in and got two hours sleep before the 'School rush' started.
It was good therapy going in to the club today though, not for a massage or a stretch, no the therapy came in the form of throwing weights about for an hour and a half. Sometimes turning the music up full belt and hammering a few weights out is the perfect remedy for a tired and angry man!.
I have spent a lot of time in gyms over the years, from 'spit and sawdust' hardcore dungeons to Lycra filled social meeting clubs but they have always given me the same pleasure, anger release time and thinking time!!. I know this is not always the case for some so apologies if the post Christmas, pre-summer, morning after the night before workouts are not having the desired effect. Sometimes a cup of tea and a packet of 'Dunkers' is the only way forward. Covering all bases the kettle is on and I am heading for the biscuit barrel.

CH

No comments: