Tuesday 3 February 2009

Frozen out

Game off. Very frustrating as we wanted a victory tonight to close the gap on the leaders. We will now have to wait until Saturday to hopefully gain more precious points.
I have just returned from taking the children to athletics. Whilst watching the clan run, jump and throw I flicked through today's paper. The sports pages included a list of transfers completed before the January deadline closed, it also included a few comment's from player's about their worries over contract talks. My favourite was Jimmy 'I'm a cheeky cockney barrow boy' Bullard bemoaning his 'forced' transfer from Fulham to Hull.
"I had 16 months left on my contract, and I wasn't willing to play. I felt I needed more backing from the club".
I know it must be so hard for you !!!. Poor little lamb, at least you can cheer yourself up with the £45,000 a week you are going to get from Hull for the next four-and-a-half years.
Good luck to 'Toddy' and 'Broughy' who have signed a month's loan at Salisbury. With Histon, Crawley and Wrexham in that month's fixtures lets hope the boy's can do us a favour!!!!.

CH

No comments: