Saturday 5 December 2009

Building site

Just got back from Accrington. Basically a terrible performance, a horrendous pitch, a shocking ground, and an awful result. I can only speak for myself and today I was well below par. The fact that the pitch was a disgrace to football did not excuse us for playing so poorly, but why on earth they filled in the drainage trenches with sharp gravel is beyond me. It could only loosely be called a football pitch. It was a complete and utter joke. In saying that, they played the conditions far better than we did and they out fought us, which is something I don't think I have ever said on this blog.
To go from one of the best performances of the season to one of the worst is unacceptable. Saturday's game against Darlington is now the only thing in my mind. I am also annoyed that I played without getting my toe injected because by the time I did (by their doctor at half-time) it was too late, the damage was done.
To sum it up; we lost, I have missed my boy's birthday, I can't fit my shoe on, and we are in training tomorrow at 9.30 a.m. (Some would say deservedly so). Weekend ruined.
Thanks to all who travelled to watch us, all I can do is apologise for that display.

P.S Sorry Paul, Hannah, Avy and Martin to have put you through that today. The fact that you paid makes it even worse. I did buy you some tickets but the muppets on reception didn't know their **** from their elbow and neglected to remember the fact that I had.



CH

No comments: