Tuesday 29 December 2009

Night Job

I popped to the training ground today with my son Cam and my Brother's son Harvey. While they played crossbar challenge, and moaned about the amount duck poo about, myself and Kev Nicholson had a bit of a session involving a long track and a few weights. The training ground was so quiet that we had to jump the fence to get in but it was good to blow the cobwebs away - once we had risked injury and arrest to gain entry!
After giving the lad's a blast with Pete Morgan's massage machine and then clearing the mud away to have a shower (Mark Ellis and Scott Bevan stop cleaning your boots and gloves in there!) it was time for the real hard work - meeting the girls in town for yet more retail therapy. My bank balance and credit card statements are both like a wedding cake at the moment - in 'tiers'. In fact my new year's resolution is to get a night job so that I can fulfil the ever demanding needs of a family of five!! (any offers please leave your details at Plainmoor).
Tomorrow will either involve surf (long shot at the moment due to weather, ill health, lack of surf, and lack of a roof rack!) or the cinema (actually another long shot due to a lack of patience, lack of money, and lack of back up). Walk anyone?
In the football world all is quiet, well it never really is, but for the moment it is in the Hargreaves household.

CH

No comments: