Friday 11 December 2009

Donkey

It's simple stuff tonight, we have an important game tomorrow and we want to win it. Training this morning was geared towards doing that.
As well as the serious stuff though, we also chose the worst player of the day - the prize being a rascal of a top, chosen and purchased by myself this morning, to be worn for training the following Friday.
To be honest though the t-shirt in question was actually better than some of the lad's offering's (no names mentioned, 'Ty'). Anyway the begrudging recipient of 'Donkey' Friday was our flying winger Jake Thomson (he swore it was a fix and then swore for a good ten minutes!). A few of the player's wisely avoided eye contact in the voting, one in particular knew he had escaped lightly (no names mentioned, 'Ty').
I tried to avoid any contact with anyone in the game, it was just a bonus to be able to squeeze my boot on, but it wasn't to be. After what must have been only about 30 seconds a flying 'lamb' jumped on my raw toe, cheers for that 'Manse'. I know you want to play in midfield but that's ridiculous!.
Tomorrow night I want to be posting a victory blog and Sunday's post will either be entirely full of bizarre factoids (I feel a 'stato' moment coming soon), or I may have persuaded Mrs A.C Hargreaves to make her debut blog.

cH

No comments: