Wednesday 16 December 2009

Player power

A great result last night, I had the pleasure of watching the team perform and they did exactly that. After Stockport's keeper had given us a couple of early Christmas presents we took full advantage and were by far the better team. Bring on the third round. Well done to the travelling masses, out voicing a very subdued Stockport faithful.
On the journey up there was a copy of 'Player's' on board the coach, this is the P.F.A's (Professional Footballers Association's) monthly magazine, sent to all player's in the football league. I have 'really missed' this offering, having had the last two years of conference drama. I will give you a rough idea of the content.
Aston Martin Vantage purchase plans(£93,000), Range Rover Sport(£50,000) purchase plans (RRS being the trademark car for a footballer - 'I have got loads of money and I want you to know it, so here is my really big car'). Along with the many other super cars available, also being advertised we have yacht purchasing and chartering opportunities, we have diamond's on tap, bespoke car 'pimping' (e.g Stephen Ireland's latest Bentley with pink trim and 'I love you' signs to his girlfriend stitched on to the seats). You can also get blacked out windows, for all who those want 'anonymity' on their Ferrari's, and you have the opportunity to get bigger alloy's for your vehicle than B.A Baracus had on his 'A Team' van.
We also have the obligatory player's article inside, "I don't know what to do next, but for now I have bought a Vineyard". As well as all that you can also purchase £20,000 pound watches, £2,000,000 pound houses, £10,000 pound rings, you can bespoke your child's nursery in gold trim, you can get the marriage 'package' for a snip, complete with white doves, white horses and probably white elephants.
So this is supposed to be a representation of the 'footballers magazine? What a complete and utter joke. I know for a fact that the last thing Frank Lampard would want to read about is how, if he so desired, he could get his next Porsche sprayed in turquoise, or that he could buy a 'FL' signet diamond ring for £40,000 pounds. If it is really a footballers magazine how about telling us about a lad at Bristol Rover's who is doing a law degree, or giving someone at Bradford the payment plan on a normal car. Come on, sort it out, there are actually plenty of player's outside of the Premiership, and also plenty actually in the the Premiership, who I'm sure look at 'their' magazine and wince at the cringe worthy stuff on offer. I know for certain what every player at Torquay said after sifting through another copy of said magazine, there were a lot of ************* involved. It's not a case of being bitter (honestly!) or jealous, it's just a bit embarrassing. Thank goodness the general public don't have to see it because the already wafer thin relationship between player and fan would dissolve like one of my morning 'Berocca's'. Rant over, and out. Anyway I have to go now as my wife has seen a lovely island for sale and I think if I raid the children's Greek pot's and hold up the village post office I may be able to put down a holding deposit on it!.

CH

P.S

No comments: