Monday 14 December 2009

Making up

I know I have some making up to do, so here goes. Saturday's result could not have been any better, a 5 - 0 demolition of Darlington was just the tonic we needed to go into the winter fixtures. Tomorrow night's cup match is to be played, at last, at Macclesfield and I imagine that the old saying of 'One man and his dog' being in attendance will be pretty apt.
To all who attended on Saturday a massive thanks and to all those who attend tomorrow night, wrap up well.
Again on Saturday I ended up in the wars, I honestly think that at the moment I couldn't come out of a 'Wacky Warehouse' without a black eye and a torn calf. Saturday night was, as usual, spent in pain. The only rest bite was that of watching X-factor and having the pain numbed by a few medicinal glasses of Hendricks, poured expertly in turn by our hosts for the evening (and cook -off legends) Jason and Sarah. Top food, top company.
After a sleepless night, far too many happy pills, and an attempt at making a sling, I found myself having laid in for the first time in a long time. My parents were down and so the children were quiet, but with that came disaster. I totally laid through a non- set alarm, Cam was too late for his game (he was fuming), sorry again Chris, and I was too late and too 'winged' for my 'footy'. Some games of football really do knock the wind out of your sails, Saturday was one of those for me. I woke up and couldn't actually move my arm, I was also limping in true John Wayne fashion.
On Sunday my parents headed back up North after having spoiled us all rotten as usual (see you on Xmas day!!! Hopefully) and I was left with three expectant children and a 'poorly' wife - must have been 'food poisoning'!.
Undeterred, but with the use of only one arm, I rounded up the children and we headed, in fact walked a full ten yards, to Paul and Amanda's house (neighbours!) for a bit of an early Christmas get together. The food was lovely as was the company and the tree! See you on the table tennis court soon Paul, and sorry Amanda for your shadow for the day, and Wills future girlfriend, Harriet!.
Sunday night was spent glued to the box. X-factor gave us all a bit of a shock as did The Sports Personality of the Year Award. Both winners deserved it though and what an inspirational winner in Ryan Giggs. The SP was a great programme actually and it surely must have given any youngsters watching the hunger to succeed in sport. It did me and I am nearly 30!.
That leaves us with today and after a thorough training session, a spot of 'punditry', and some home made burgers, I am now about to repose in an ice bath and do some much needed thinking.

P.S Tennis to return soon and Dan is after blood, or a set anyway!.

CH

No comments: