Thursday 10 December 2009

Disorder

I am suffering from 'wife and children constantly on the laptop' disorder at the moment (and yes I do accept that the disease has a long title!). What with the children's homework and games, and my wife's work, jewellery making paperwork, and new business venture (The lash Boutique), by the time I get to the black box I am shattered and the key's are white hot! Anyway I must first discuss the last few days in the football world. They say it's a small World, well the football world certainly is small. Lee Harper an old mate of mine is now in charge at Kettering. His assistant John Deehan, also an old 'Cobbler's' acquaintance, was dismissed after their recent game against Leeds - incidentally they were all level with ten minutes of extra time remaining in that game but went on to lose 5-1. The dismissal is a long story, but surrounds one player, a chairman, and a phone in!.
Down at Truro, Sean McCarthy, an old friend of mine from my Plymouth day's, also finds himself relieved of his duties. Lee Hodges (on loan from T.U.F.C) deputises for now. Good luck 'Hodgy'. And finally Paul Sturrock has been sacked (I don't mean finally, as in relief, by the way. He has done nothing short of a miracle since arriving at that club.
So the football 'merrygoround' continues.

On the subject of football, due to the fact that I couldn't get my boot on, I did not train this morning. I did try but It looked like I was stepping on hot coals, so to avoid any further embarrassment I headed for the weights room, leaving the lad's to it. Even with Vivek's help (club doc and demon cricketer, tennis player, basketball player, and barbel squatter), and the scalpel of Mr Percivel (podiatrist), my big 'pinkie' (now, now, you know what I mean!) is still throbbing at 50 tpm (throbs per minute). I actually look forward to my next injection with a passion.
At home now, and the Christmas tree is finally up, and it's a beauty. The girls threw on the glitter last night - but only after I had opened up and then broken all four sets of lights! What with the 'deluxe' tree, new lights, extra trees for the children's rooms (come on, it's Christmas!), and Fiona's obsessive Bauble collection I could have paid for a flight to Lapland and took Santa out for a pint on top. (I love it really and unless your name is Kevin 'Bar Humbug and Hater of X-Factor' Nicholson so does everyone else).


P.S Sorry to my fellow lunch club members, I will return. Just don't go inviting random, and strange, members of the public along (i.e Mark Ellis!).

P.P.S Avy and Mart, the red carpet awaits!.


P.P.P.S Well done Scotty (groundsman) for managing to keep us afloat at the racecourse, and for managing to turn on your laptop.

No comments: