Wednesday 30 December 2009

Flash

Cinema it was! I joined the other few thousand parents who had lost their marbles and decided to take the children to the pictures. After a morning blast on the beach 'crabbing' it was a team decision to go the 'flix' in the p.m. The old days of Flash Gordon on a Saturday matinee for less than 50p have disappeared. - to be fair it was 30 years ago, but where has the lady at the front with the ice cream gone?
Now it is a bag of sweets for £4 pounds and a ram packed and red hot room with a screen only just bigger than the T.V we have at home.
After dehydrating to extreme proportions and then wading through a popcorn mountain it was time for off. I returned home to find my wife knee deep in cookery books in preparation for tomorrow nights N.Y's eve bash. It will be nice to bring the New Year in with friends but again with one eye on the next game. My brother Mark and his son Harvey are leaving us tomorrow after a few day's break. It has been brilliant to see them and catch up, although big apologies Bro for not getting us both a night off to visit the pub. Next time!. Mark is currently in the last year of a law degree as well as negotiating his hazardous role at Martin Hargreaves Motorcycles (definitely the harder of the two roles with a boss of Alan Sugar like proportion!). Hopefully he will have two bits of good news in the New Year, one being a law degree and the other being a degree at the school of hard knocks. I'm only joking Pops I know it's all tongue in cheek!.
Tonight I will aim to find time to watch the news, read a paper or even digest a little Sky Sports News so that you can read information other than that of my family.
Tomorrow I am at the hospital for a check up. Unbelievably I have not felt right since the Barrow game towards the end of last season. It is amazing the amount you can actually put your body through if there is a goal to aim for - there have been many and my body has certainly gone through it - but eventually something will give, so to make sure that does not happen it is a quick M.O.T and service for one.


CH

No comments: