Sunday 25 July 2010

'The' chat

A great weekend has been had by all, a bit of footy first followed by a quick chop of the old locks. On Saturday I nipped to see Jody (Jodes salon) for my regular 'ish' fix of gossip, banter, cappuccino, and of course 'trimmage'. Then it was time for some lovely food and top entertainment at our friends Andy and Kelly's, the food was great and don't even mention out of bounds on the Wii golf!.
While eating/cogitating/drinking/ we had a good chat about almost everything but one subject arose that always causes me extreme concern when mentioned is our children eventually getting older, getting married and leaving home. Don't get me wrong, like many family units, the arguments at Hargreaves towers are relentless, the battle of wills on a daily basis are legendary, and god only knows what the neighbours think when the windows are open and the 'heated debates' are in full swing, but I love those little beauties so much that the thought of them growing up, and doing all the things that grown ups do, is far to much for me to deal with. I will therefore do what any self respecting parent and father would and should do...bury his head in the sand and pretend that it's not happening of course!.
I also know I will soon have to have 'the' chat about the bees and the birds, the only problem with that though is that I'm still not entirely sure about the whole process myself!!!!!!

CH

No comments: