Saturday 17 July 2010

Head gone trying to sort videos out. Hard drive, £50, made no difference at all. Unfortunately I am an IT imbecile and added to this the fact that my wife can't drag herself away from Miami Ink, and hates helping me anyway, I am left with only one option, throwing the laptop through the window. Before I do though I may as well share some little words of wisdom with you.
I took my little firecracker for a coffee the other day and I have to say it was a joke. We all go like to go for a bit of cake or a bacon sarnie once in a while and this occasion was no different, but although the location was spot on, views and decor very good, the food and prices were at best, Liege - that's 'Standard' for those of you who having never used the term Liege, referring to Standard Liege, one of the most successful Belgian clubs of all time, and breath!.
And so back to the eatery in question. If AA Gill (he of Sunday times, food critic of acidic proportions) happened upon this place he would be cutting in his summary, I however will be less harsh. I will just say that although the staff were pleasant, till ringing the most fulfilling pastime apart, the food and drink was disappointing. Within seconds the latte fizzled out into half a cup of warm milk, the milkshake was twice as much as I would normally pay for it, as it was after all a 'Frijj' from the fridge, and the bacon bun I ordered for 'H' was, at an extortionate £4.95, as easy to eat as a set of television cables. By the time I had finished taking the fat off the bacon (I had to intervene as Hattie was choking by this point) the milkshake had curdled and Harriet was nearly five.
All in all I suppose it was a lesson in how not to spend £10. No stars!.
Today we have been swimming, this evening we are heading for a classic family walk, and tonight it is the blood of christ and some leaves form Cuba.
Chao.

CH

No comments: